Cruisin with the Real"s

Cruisin with the Real"s
Joe and Nancy Grand Cayman 10-07

Loma Linda Medical Center

Loma Linda Medical Center
Where the magic happens........

Friday, February 22, 2008

Nancy's missing mystery tour

Hi all,

Well, I guess if you didn't know this about me before you do now. One of my personal issues I deal with is procrastination and avoidance of unpleasant situations. And the longer I let it go the worse it gets.

So, when I neglected to post for a few days and a few days became a week and a week became 2. Well, I hate apologizing for avoiding you all. Especially since this was my brilliant idea to have you come here for up to date info on me and what is going on here with us..

First of all I AM sorry for not being more communicative and second I am hear now, over it and ready to move forward.

I have had so much to share and some great ideas for the blog but for now we will just start here.

The fact I am catching up at 4am should tell you on thing. My sleep patterns are officially all messed up. One of the wonderful symptoms of cirrhosis.

Everything health wise has been fairly good. I have been stable until last weekend when I came down with some sort of red, painful swelling under one of my armpits. It turned out to be a bacterial infection. I totally wiped me out from the beginning of it. My body went into let's fight this and get rid of it mode and I was sleeping 22 out of 24 hours. I ran fevers. It hurts like hell. I started some antibiotics but that wasn't touching it. Dr Mendler said that I should go to the emergency room. My wonderful neighbor and friend, Craig volunteered to take me down and I spent most of the day in the ER. Saw a few Dr's and although they don't really know what it is or where it came from they gave me IV Antibiotic for 30 min and sent me home with the same. Unfortunately as soon my condition was reported Dr Mendler put me on hold. Marked me as inactive until this infection gets cleared up.

I am feeling a bit better but if I don't see more improvement by tomorrow or the next day I need to go back to the ER and they will probably check me it for a little stay. Scares me as the last time they checked me in they didn't want to let me leave but I need to get rid of this bug so whatever it takes.

One thing that I have realized is just how fragile my system is right now. I don't know where this came from or how it started but I am certain that in the past my immune system would have dealt with it. This time all of a sudden I was flat on my face and the repercussion is that IF *my* liver comes along this week. They will offer it to someone else.

My Meld score has continued to hover above the *25* line which keeps me in a smaller school of fish. It was 28 on Tues.

Think I will start a new post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

It is so good to see your post. We were worried about you and sent an email but you never responded.

So sorry to hear about your infection. We will continue to keep you in our prayers for a speedy recovery, so that you can be taken off hold and get your new liver nvery soon.

Love to you and Joe!

Karen and Bob

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.